Design & Planning

Good preparation is very important to any project and we are able to supply a full range of professional services. These may include architects and designers, planning, building regulation and costing specialists, structural, drainage, electrical and heating engineers, garden designers and interior and exterior decorators.

They can be supplied directly or commissioned on behalf of our clients, but equally, we are happy to work with our clients' existing architects and designers.

The services of one or more of these specialist professionals may be required for any new build, extension or renovation.

Our local experience is available to help our clients in their selection and in representing their interests.

We can:

  • Help with the planning process
  • Provide full project management
  • Advise on provision of main services 
  • Assist you with the design concept
  • Engage with architects and planners
  • Advise on practicality of plans for project
  • Advise on materials and finish
  • Help with regulatory requirements


There are many sources of useful information available on the internet. A selection of these are listed here:

The Planning Portal

This is your one-stop-shop for planning and building services online.
The Planning Portal is the UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource for England and Wales. Use this site to learn about planning and building regulations, apply for planning permission, find out about development near you, appeal against a decision and research government policy.

Online planning offices

This website provides you with information on all aspects of planning and building control, including building regulations, listings of Council Planning Offices and local relevant services and suppliers.

The Party Wall etc Act 1996: explanatory booklet

This booklet has been produced by the Department to explain in simple terms how the Party Wall etc Act 1996 ("the Act") may affect someone who either wishes to carry out work covered by the Act (the "Building Owner"), or receives notification under the Act of proposed adjacent work (the "Adjoining Owner").